Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Aktuelle Zeit: 18 Jul 2019, 23:15

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Eovaldi worked with Hall of Famer Pedro Martinez to fine-tun
BeitragVerfasst: 12 Jan 2019, 04:04 

NEW YORK (AP) — Giancarlo Stanton’s teammates jumped out of the dugout Albert Pujols Jersey , amazed at how fast the power hitter’s latest homer sped into the Yankee Stadium seats.The Yankee slugger? Well, it was just another one in his ledger.Stanton hit the hardest homer ever measured by Major League Baseball’s Statcast system, Neil Walker hit two more home runs and New York beat the Texas Rangers 7-3 on Thursday night.“It’s cool when you get to numbers like that,” Stanton said. “But in general, if it goes over the fence, it goes over the fence. If it doesn’t, it doesn’t. So, I seen balls 95 mph go over.”Stanton’s 28th homer was measured at 121.7 mph, the fastest long ball tracked by Statcast since the system was introduced in 2015. The line drive landed a few rows into the second level of seats in left field.Miguel Andujar and Aaron Hicks also went deep, helping the Yankees win their fourth straight since a five-game skid that included a four-game sweep at AL East-leading Boston.J.A. Happ (12-6) pitched six effective innings in his return from hand, foot and mouth disease. Happ was acquired from Toronto last month and has won both his starts with New York. He allowed three runs http://www.stlouiscardinalsteamshop.com/authentic-stan-musial-jersey , four hits, a walk and struck out nine Thursday.Hicks kicked off New York’s homer barrage after a questionable decision from Texas manager Jeff Banister.Rookie Ariel Jurado (2-2) got Stanton to hit into a double play in the first inning, but then Banister ordered an intentional walk to Didi Gregorius.Hicks followed with a shot, is 20th, to right field for a 2-0 lead.“I was trying to throw my pitches to sink outside,” Jurado said of his 3-1 pitch. “But I think a couple of pitches were close but they were not strikes. That’s what happened.”Hicks was more concerned with Stanton’s latest feat.“For the rest of us, I think it’s a normal base hit and for him it’s a homer,” he said. “It’s special the way that he’s able to make contact on a baseball.”After his bullpen got taxed during their three-game set in Chicago, Yankees manager Aaron Boone was looking for a longer outing from Haap, who had not pitched since July 29. He didn’t disappoint.“I knew that we needed some innings,” Happ said. “I did what I could out there. Would have like to (have) gone one or two more.”Haap struck out the side in the first after hitting Shin-Soo Choo to start the first of a four-game series against Texas. The 35-year-old retired the next five before once again nailing Choo with a pitch in the third before Rougned Odor flew out to end the inning.Jurickson Profar hit a solo homer in the fourth inning Roger Maris Jersey , and Choo added a two-run double in the fifth to make it 5-3.Stanton hit his lined shot out to left in the fifth inning, making it the third straight game he’s homered in. Walker’s home run in the sixth made it 7-3.All-Star closer Aroldis Chapman walked two in the ninth before getting a fielder’s choice from pinch-hitter Isiah Kiner-Falefa and striking out Choo and Odor.BRINGING THEM INHicks’ two-run homer gave him a career-high 53 RBIs.SWITCH IT UPWalker homered from both sides of the plate for the first time in his career. It was his sixth multi-homer game of his career, last on May 26, 2017 at Pittsburgh while with the New York Mets.DOUBLE UPWalker’s two-homer game was New York’s 20th multi-homer game of the season, four shy of the MLB record of 24 set by the 1961 Yankees and 1966 Atlanta Braves.TRAINER’S ROOMRangers: OF Delino DeShields Jr. is still dealing with concussion symptoms and the team is still unsure whether he will be activated as early as Friday. DeShields hurt himself trying to make a sliding catch and banged his head on the ground about four weeks ago and went on the 7-day concussion list last Saturday, a day after he was taken out of the lineup due to headaches.Yankees: C Gary Sanchez (groin) was schedule to do some running at the team’s facility in Tampa. He’s been on the disabled list since July 24 and is expected to rejoin the team at home this weekend for further evaluations. … RHP Chance Adams was demoted to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre after Wednesday night’s game in Chicago to make room for Haap.UP NEXTNew York RHP Masahiro Tanaka (9-2, 3.76 ERA) starts opposite LHP Mike Minor (8-6, 4.53) in the second game of the series. In five starts against Texas, Tanaka is just 1-2 with a 6.52 ERA. Mother Nature quickly interrupted Michael Kopech’s first start at home for the Chicago White Sox.On Friday, Kopech will get another opportunity to showcase his big arm in front of Chicago fans who have waited all season to see him promoted from the minors. The 22-year-old right-hander is 1-0 with a 1.13 ERA in his first two outings, walking none and striking out eight in eight innings.His first start in Chicago http://www.stlouiscardinalsteamshop.com/authentic-matt-carpenter-jersey , on Aug. 21, was limited to two innings before a rain delay ended his evening, as the White Sox elected not to put him back on the mound after the 52-minute interruption. He did not allow a run in that debut, while allowing three hits and striking out four.Article continues below ...Kopech’s next assignment is against the Boston Red Sox — the team that drafted him and helped to develop him before shipping him to Chicago as part of a deal that yielded ace left-hander Chris Sale.What can Kopech do to avoid feeling too hyped up for his first time facing Boston?“Take a deep breath and make pitches,” White Sox manager Rick Renteria said to the Chicago Tribune. “Hopefully he continues to develop, continues to command the zone. It’s electric stuff.“Hopefully he’ll just continue to trust himself, which he is doing, and just enjoy being here. Know that he’s capable of doing what he’s doing because of this tremendous gift he has.”Kopech declined to speak about his emotions heading into the start, instead telling reporters that he would speak about the experience after his outing Friday night.Chicago (53-81) is feeling better about its fortunes despite a disappointing loss in Thursday night’s series opener. The Red Sox rallied for five runs in the ninth to claim a 9-4 victory.Boston (93-42) has a strong starting rotation and a potent lineup, as evidenced by home runs from Mookie Betts (No. 29 of the season) and J.D. Martinez (No. 39) in the comeback win over Chicago.The Red Sox will turn to right-hander Nathan Eovaldi (5-6, 4.15 ERA) in the second game of a four-game series. The 28-year-old will be making his seventh start since joining the Red Sox. He is 2-2 with a 3.94 ERA in his first six outings with Boston after going 3-4 with a 4.26 ERA in 10 starts for the Tampa Bay Rays.In two career games (one start) against the White Sox Tim McCarver Jersey , Eovaldi is 1-0 with a 3.52 ERA. He has walked five and fanned six in 7 2/3 innings.Earlier this week, Eovaldi worked with Hall of Famer Pedro Martinez to fine-tune his delivery.“If Pedro comes around and he has something to say, I’m going to listen,” Eovaldi said to MassLive.com. “He said he noticed something with my landing foot. I guess I land on my heel when I land. He was saying if I try to land more with my toe, he thinks I’ll have a little bit better control of my offspeed pitches. And really with everything. It will make the fastball better, too.”The insights from Martinez served as a revelation for Eovaldi, who previously had focused on his arm.“It definitely feels a little different just because I haven’t really been focusing on my landing foot,” he said. “I’ve been focusing on other things thinking that was the issue. We’ll have to see (Friday) how everything works out. But it definitely feels a lot better.”

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]